BIG Picture Thinker. Donut Lover. Traveler. Tennis Player. Beach lover. Believer.
A local of the World
Joined on 12 April, 2009
DOH confirms 16 additional B.1.1.7 VARIANT cases in PH
- 12 are from Bontoc, Mountain Province
- 2 are returning overseas Filipinos who arrived on December 29, 2020 from Lebanon
- 2 are local cases detected in La Trinidad, Benguet and in Calamba City, Laguna
This new variant is making a lot of people REALLY nervous. Here’s why it should & shouldn’t. I’ll hit on infectivity, lethality, vaccine effectiveness, & some “what ifs”. Yes, it’s more infectious. That means that w/ comparable carelessness... 1/17
COVID Timeline (Reminder)
Exposed on day 0
Test +ve day 3-4
Symptoms start day 5
Contagious from day 4-12
Test remains + for weeks but patient NOT contagious after 10-14 d
No benefit in repeat testing (will likely remain + and freak you out:)
A 🧵 on COVID Living Room Spread:
- Older, out of the house brother wants to visit younger siblings.
Mom says "get a test on the way, if you are negative you can come."
- Rapid test is (-), family spends a day together inside, laughing, playing, eating.
Please take time to read.
BREAKING—95%—new data from Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine shows 95% efficacy & is “100% effective” in preventing severe 🏥illness, says AZ CEO. That’s on par w/ Moderna & Pfizer. No official data yet, but UK 🇬🇧 said to likely approve in days. HUGE🧵. #COVID19
The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are kind of brilliant at a science level. I’ve had a few people in my real non-Twitter life ask me to explain how it works so I’m going to try my best here in this thread while I’m waiting for a patient to show.
End of content
No more pages to load